Re: [exim] Setup for authenticated submission

Góra strony
Autor: John W. Baxter
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Setup for authenticated submission
On 1/18/06 1:22 PM, "Kjetil Torgrim Homme" <kjetilho@???> wrote:

> upgrade to TLS in HTTP is RFC 2817, btw.

And the wording under "Motivation" might be called "not optimistic" about
https: going away within my lifetime (which is more past than future unless
I make 132 or so). It is interesting that new *uses* of http are being done
with STARTTLS-like methods (unless the wording in Motivation in 2000 was
optimistic about that). Since I haven't implemented such a thing, I hadn't
noticed.

[The router I'm presently trying to configure only does https for
configuration when reached from its WAN port, not http. It does http from
its LAN side (and wisely ships with WAN side https shut off).]

--John