Re: [exim] Exim4 and SA: Overloading the system

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bill Hacker
Para: exim
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim4 and SA: Overloading the system
otubo wrote:

> Friends,
>     I am running exim4 with SA for 216 users in a network....The
> configuration of my server is: P4 1.4GHz, 256 RAM and 40GB HD. And my
> server is NEW, i´ve just finished configuring it last week, and it is
> getting overloaded. The webmail takes too long to be loaded in a
> browser, the mail akes too long to be delivered....and I dont have any
> idea on how to tweak the performance better.

> Need some help!
> thanks!

Many variables not yet specified:

The volume, type, and size of messages and attachments, (spam and
genuine) is more important than user-count.

The number of SA (and other, CLAMAV, for example) tests, and where htye
are being applied.

The bandwidth of your connection.

The OS, and what *else* it is running on the box?

Which webmail toolset, and what languages?

And if you have used Exim / some other MTA previously with comparable
performance or not.

You might want to start by isolating what processes are using what
percentage of resources.....

SA, and/or the httpd and webmail are more likely than Exim to be the
resource hogs.

More info needed.... *Much* more...

Bill