Re: [exim] Automatic user removal using mysql

Autor: B. Johannessen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Automatic user removal using mysql
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Juuso Töytäri wrote:
>> When i send message to my mailing list i get a whole lot of "user
>> unknown" answers.
>> Is it possible to make exim remove those addresses automatically from
>> mysql database?
>
> No. For that you need a proper mailing list manager, such as Gnu Mailman.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on that one. I'm quite sure
you could easily have Exim do some variant of VERP on the outgoing
messages and have it execute an SQL DELETE statement when it receives a
bounce. I guess the hard part would be the filter that sorted the proper
"user unknown" bounces from all the other crap coming in from <>.

So all in all even though I think this is probably achievable with Exim,
it's probably still a good idea to opt for a proper mailing list manager.

    Bob