Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sam Michaels
Para: Jochen Gensch
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam
On 1/16/06, Jochen Gensch <incmc@???> wrote:
> According to the exim docs [1] the service name is exim.

That's in the PAM section. The saslauthd section doesn't give a
service name...I think that's where the discrepancy is. I don't even
have an 'exim' file in the pam.d directory.

> This changes the error message from "435 Unable to authenticate at
> present" to "535 Incorrect authentication data". As far as I know this
> error message just means, that the related config file under pam.d isn't
> correct.

535 is under a 'FAIL' condition and 435 is 'DEFER'. 435 is a
misconfiguration and 535 is a normal bad user/pass.

> However I don't understand why you are using this
> server_prompt, since exim docs suggest something different.

My prompt will give you "Username:" and then "Password:" at the prompts.

You should definitely do what I suggested earlier and use the debug
output to see EXACTLY what is happening.

Sam