Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam

Autor: Jochen Gensch
A: Sam Michaels
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam
>> I was actually looking for some documentation related to sasl(authd) and
>> pam, for instance with service name it uses to access pam. Exim?

Found it under the doc dir :-).

> I think I recall seeing the service name defined in the exim source
> (4.51 is what was out when I played with this) as 'smtp'. Someone
> could review the source or Philip could chime in to find out.

According to the exim docs [1] the service name is exim.

> login:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = LOGIN
> server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
> server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$1}{$2}}{1}{0}}
> server_set_id = $1
> server_advertise_condition = true

This changes the error message from "435 Unable to authenticate at
present" to "535 Incorrect authentication data". As far as I know this
error message just means, that the related config file under pam.d isn't
correct. Damn it.... However I don't understand why you are using this
server_prompt, since exim docs suggest something different.

Jochen

[1] http://exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch11.html#SECTexpcond