Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam

Author: Sam Michaels
To: Jochen Gensch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam
On 1/16/06, Jochen Gensch <incmc@???> wrote:
> I was actually looking for some documentation related to sasl(authd) and
> pam, for instance with service name it uses to access pam. Exim?
> saslauthd? From what I've learned by google, it saslauthd simply seems
> to use the servive name of exim to access pam. That would mean I need a
> /etc/pam.d/exim (what isn't working by the way).

Correct. Putting 'exim' there didn't do anything for me...I had to
use 'saslauthd' with the stuff I mentioned earlier. I'm using the
stock version of cyrus-sasl from Gentoo's ebuild.

I think I recall seeing the service name defined in the exim source
(4.51 is what was out when I played with this) as 'smtp'. Someone
could review the source or Philip could chime in to find out.

Sam