Re: [exim] Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected

Góra strony
Autor: Bill Hacker
Dla: exim
Temat: Re: [exim] Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected
Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using exim4 and repeatedly get frozen messages. When I try to thaw
> them, I receive this error "Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected"
>
> I have installed egd, updated the kernel, searched on Google, but have
> found no way to thaw the message nor stop the error.
>
> I would welcome any advice this list might offer.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jeremiah

Exim needs randomization capability even if not configured to utilize
SSL/TLS, normally expects the OS to provide such.

An operating system with a working OpenSSL or GNUTLS would ordinarily
have a working entropy 'device', and the *BSD's and such Linux 'distros'
as I have used have always had one or another such 'out of the box'.

- But you have not even specified what operating system you are using,
nor if you / Exim are operating as a user/group with the rights to
utilize such a service/device.

That's not enough information.

Bill Hacker