Re: [exim] Virus confirmation to recipient

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Virus confirmation to recipient
On 12/01/06, Slawomir Orlowski (CYMPAK) <sorlowski@???> wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> fakereject - I have never heard about such key work,
> I have put it to my exim configure file and waiting for virus to come to
> check it out
> > But I wouldn't do that for normal users. They will get many unnecessary
> > mails
> Yes, but right now we have Symantec AntyVirus so users are used to getting
> emails with confirmations about viruses,
> beside it tells you that email from somebody was rejected because virus so
> you can ask him to resent it ..

How many times in the last millenium did your AV detect a virus in a
genuine email, from a genuine sender, to a genuine user who genuinely
cared?

Divide that number by the count of forged-sender worm-spew it caught.

If the ratio is more than 1:10000 I'd be surprised.

Far better to reject outright at SMTP time - the genuine sender will
get a notification, and the zombie worm sender will just move on. Your
user doesn't need to be bothered.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer