Re: [exim-dev] The new spec.txt

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] The new spec.txt
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Tony Finch wrote:

> I use spec.txt as my main reference document, so I've noticed a few
> usability issues with the new version.

I am not surprised.

> The formatting of definition lists is inconsistent as to whether or not
> there is a blank line before or after the thing being defined. This is
> most noticable in the lists of command-line options, string expansions,
> and ACL keywords.

I'll check again when I re-format it. There is fudgery to remove the
unwanted blank lines that get inserted by some of the processing, and it
may be inconsistent or incomplete. Also, however, there are bugs in the
current source.

> The chapter and section headings do not stand out. I used to navigate to
> the relevant part of the file by searching for the chapter title in caps,
> but this no longer works, and with a case-insentitive search it's easy to
> shoot past the target. Would it be possible to make them stand out more,
> e.g. with blank lines or horizontal rules?

If you can tell me how to modify the XSL stylesheets .... <grin>

I guess it might be possible as part of the post-processing to search
for a pattern that is a chapter heading, and to force it to upper case.
Noted.