Re: [exim] help on TLS for ext. connection

Autor: user therion
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] help on TLS for ext. connection
>>vice versa, first TLS, then AUTH.
CORRECT! :-)

>If you want to prevent your local clients (the ones

in relay_from_hosts)
>from using TLS, use "tls_advertise_hosts = !

+relay_from_hosts", but that
>makes not much sense.

think makes more sense to allow external connect ONLY
with TLS and internal connects (relay_from_hosts)
optional with or without.

>> Which role does the relay_from_hosts play to allow
>> such a connection from outside??
>None at all. The hosts listed there are allowed to

relay without
>authentication.

Ok,

the point I don´t understand till now is the
auth-config.
a)"server_advertise_condition" checks if TLS is
given?! if YES then allow connection?!

b)server_condition =
${lookup{$2}dbm{/etc/exim/authdb}\
    {${if eq{$value}{$3}{yes}{no}}}{no}}

allows only to connect with the user/pass in the
mentioned file!?