Re: [exim] Fastest way to send multiple messages?

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Fastest way to send multiple messages?
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:47:53AM +0200, Juuso Töytäri said:
> Hi list;
>
> Few days ago i started creating a newsletter program that should send
> the same mail to multiple users.
> But because we are talking HUGE amounts of mail (60,000 mail addresses)
> i thought to ask your opinion
> of what would be the smartest and fastest way to do this (mails should
> leave in 2-4h).
>
> First i tought of creating mails straight to exim spool directory, but
> had lots of trouble to create em without
> exim saying: "Format error in spool file 1EwKaG-0002Dj-OV-H: size=855"
> or something like that.
>
> Then i tought of sending mails via perl script using sendmail. But is
> this opinion fast enough.
>
> The problem of this is that it is pretty hard to test this program
> because i just cant send test-messages to
> 60,000 users.
>
> Hope you can give me some clues on how to continue with this project.

Have you looked at mailing list software? Some of it is quite good, and
quite fast. I understand 60K is a lot, but usually, there is no reason
to reinvent the wheel.
|  Stephen Gran                  | If it ain't baroque, don't phiques it.  |
|  steve@???             |                                         |