Re: [exim] Exim doesn't respond to STARTTLS

Autor: David Brooks
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim doesn't respond to STARTTLS
Marc Haber wrote:
>>Missing entropy?
>>
>>Just to test it: (re)move /dev/random and symlink
>>/dev/urandom as /dev/random.
>
> A better test on Linux would be to check the entropy pool itself, cat
> /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail.
>
> Also I'd like to know which OS/Distribution the OP is using.

Thanks for the advice. Entropy does sound like a plausible reason,
although I have plenty of other crypto apps and I didn't notice any of
them hanging in this way. The server in question is a 'user mode linux'
virtual server, and there has been mention of lack of entropy as a
possible problem with this setup.

I'll keep an eye on entropy_avail if them problem happens again. I
assume a low number means badness?

Thanks,
DaveB