[exim] Hiding paths in mailer-daemon error reponses

Autor: Chris Corbyn
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Hiding paths in mailer-daemon error reponses
Hi,

See the error message below whilst testing what happens when trying to
deliver mail to a non-existent user on an exim setup using virtual
domains in an UW-vIMAP style. When sending to a user that does exist it
all works fine, and when sending to a false one it fails as it should.
I'm not sure it's possible but can I customise the error report so that
it doesn't show the paths to these files?

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

  zip@???
    Delay reason: Failed to find user "" from expanded string "${extract{1}{ :
    }{${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{/etc/vmail/users.${domain}}}}}" for the local_delivery transport

If anyone sees that they'd be a little confused LOL :D ... The expansion
of the string works fine with users that do exist, perhaps I can put
some sort of "if..else" in there to avoid that mess being sent back?

Many thanks,

Chris Corbyn