Re: [exim] Need ACL help - file doesn't exist problem

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Dave Lugo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Need ACL help - file doesn't exist problem

On 8 Jan 2006, at 16:01, Dave Lugo wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Marc Sherman wrote:
>>>                          ^
>>> dunno why I have that in there, should probably go back into
>>> the config and see if it's just a stupid typo or cut/paste
>>> from the last time I was working on those bits...

>> The leading colon adds the empty sender (ie: bounces) to your
>> whitelist.
>
> Yup, knew that :)
>
>> Assuming that's intentional, you should probably note it in a
>> comment,
>> since it's a bit of tricky syntax and you might delete it in three
>> months thinking it's just a typo.
>>

> Yup, agreed. Just need to find out if it's by
> design...

do you do sender callout? If yes then you have found the answer.
There's no point in doing sender callout and then block the callout
because you do not like it... or better, there is a point, and that
is to hit your foot with the spade, as we say here...
Naturally, if you whitelist empty senders at RCPT you must block
spammy ones at DATA (or perhaps predata?).