Re: [exim] using MX always

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Sherman
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: 2nd reply Re: [exim] using MX always
Asunto: Re: [exim] using MX always
Jeff Lasman wrote:

> As far as I understand it, this router uses remote_smtp only for domains
> that are not listed as local_domains. The problem is that someone logs
> in to our configuration system and sets up a domain. They use their
> email address at that domain as their contact address.
>
> They never get our welcome email and we lose a customer, often having to
> refund a CC payment or accept a chargeback.

You're still skipping over the important part of the problem; does your
automatic configuration system put the newly configured domain in
local_domains immediately without user interaction? If so, then IMO the
solution is to simply make inclusion in local_domains a separately
configurable setting for your clients. At that point, when validating
config settings in the web UI, you can check if your host is the primary
MX for the domain, and if it isn't, refuse to configure it.

- Marc