Re: [exim] Exim Programming Project - PHP Feature control Pr…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim Programming Project - PHP Feature control Program
Jeff Lasman wrote:

> On Saturday 07 January 2006 06:16 pm, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>>Yeah - thanks. Looks like a lot of people want this like I do. Just
>>need to see if someone out there wants to start writing it. If
>>someone even gets it started I can jump in and do a lot of work
>>expanding it. I mainly need a start. Some way to authenticate to IMAP
>>from PHP and bring up a text file - change it - and save it back.
>

> Anything we do will be DirectAdmin centric; that's the platform we're
> committed to, and we've written the exim.conf file they use.
>
> Anything we do as changes to exim.conf will be given back to the
> community. But the interface code for our project will become part of
> DirectAdmin.
>
> I look forward to keeping in touch on this or other forums, and I hope
> we can help each other. Though our exact needs may differ, our common
> interest is very close.
>
> Jeff

Webmin/Usermin maybe, if the entire wheel need not be re-invented.

http://www.webmin.com

- UI screen looks awfully similar to DirectAdmin.

Seems to have a lot to build on, including its own https server and (at
least) two levels of privilege separation.
Dru Lavigne did an article on a Q&D webmail interface based on a
stripped-down version of it.
Works fine with Exim, Dovecot, QMail, etc.

OTOH - it makes assumptions about PostgreSQL (to name just one) that
flat do not fit normal ways of running PG.

License is "BSD-like". F/OSS.

D'ruther code PHP than perl, but dare not permit PHP on my servers, Exim
is perl-friendly, and SA needs it anyway.

Bill