Re: [exim] Need ACL help - file doesn't exist problem

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Bill Hacker
CC: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Need ACL help - file doesn't exist problem

Bill Hacker wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> ok - need some quick ACL help. I'm writing the back end for this
>> project. Here's the situation:
>>
>> deny    message = REJECTED - User listed in personal block list
>>        condition =
>> ${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/etc/mailcontrol/domains/perkel.com/users/marc/blockfrom.txt}{yes}{no}}

>> The above code works of the file exists but if the file doesn't exist
>> then I have problems. What I need is for it to return {no} if the
>> file isn't there. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.
>>

> Consider making it a 'warn' instead of a 'deny', use an 'if', and have
> it add a point-value to an acl_c/m variable.
> 'Soft' failure when an acl is not satisfied, cannot find a file.

Bill, thanks for the help but you're missing the point. if the file is
missing then I get internal errors and nothing gets through. I want the
file missing to be the same as not being in the block list. So I need a
conditional with exists in it. But having a hell of a time making that work.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com