Re: [exim] Exim Programming Project - PHP Feature control Pr…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marc Perkel
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim Programming Project - PHP Feature control Program

Jeff Lasman wrote:

>On Saturday 07 January 2006 04:13 pm, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>>I'm looking for some volunteers to start a project to create a user
>>fruntend for Exim. I do know about vexim and this is somewhat
>>different. It's a lot more generic, based mostly on setting text
>>files, and should be very easy to code up and expand.
>>

>You may remember me, Marc, from our discussions concerning your user
>Donovan and his email hosting.
>
>I've been working on a "SpamBlocker" exim configuration for DirectAdmin
>control panel (http://www.directadmin.com/) users for some time, and
>I've put a lot of thought into how to make it per domain (not per
>user).
>
>Because I believe the config files should be both easy to understand and
>easy to modify manually, I go for text files and simplicity.
>
>I'm looking at creating exim.conf on the fly (so to speak) based on
>individual sections for individual domains.
>
>I looked at your page, and frankly, it's way to complex for me to take
>time to look at it now. But I'd like to see your project continue; if
>it goes faster than mine, I could use it <smile>.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Jeff

Yeah - thanks. Looks like a lot of people want this like I do. Just need to see if someone out there wants to start writing it. If someone even gets it started I can jump in and do a lot of work expanding it. I mainly need a start. Some way to authenticate to IMAP from PHP and bring up a text file - change it - and save it back.