[exim] envelope-from in received lines - the dark side

Góra strony
Autor: Marc Perkel
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] envelope-from in received lines - the dark side
I'm not sure I like the envelope-from in received lines. There is a down
side.

One of the spam filtering trics I use to catch paypal fraud is to scan
the received lines to see if I find "paypal" there. With these new
ebvelope-from lines the envelope is being passed in the received lines
undermining my trick. I disabled them in my setup but if I get spam from
others using Exim 4.60 it might not be able to detect fake paypal
phishing spam because the envelope-from has paypal in it.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com