Re: [exim] using MX always

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David S. Madole
Para: Jeff Lasman, exim-users
CC:
Asunto: Re: [exim] using MX always
From: "Jeff Lasman" <blists@???>

> We're considering changing exim.conf so our servers will always check
> for and MX record or A record, and use it, rather than attempt local
> delivery.
>
> Is there a downside we haven't considered?

The only downside I am aware of is that occasionally you will have a
customer who wishes not to have your servers listed as the MX records.
There are a few reasons possible for this, the most common one is that
they wish to use a mail filtering service (Postini for example) and list
that service as the MX. That service would then forward the messages to
you after they are filtered. In this case, if you are following the MX as
well, you've got a delivery loop.

David