[exim] using MX always

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] using MX always
We're in the shared webhosting business.

Some of our clients, when setting up new accounts, use a domain that's
not yet been moved to our server.

If that happens they don't get the Welcome email, because our server
sees the email as a local delivery and doesn't bother to check for an
MX record.

We're considering changing exim.conf so our servers will always check
for and MX record or A record, and use it, rather than attempt local
delivery.

I've thought about this for a week, and still can't see any downside
except a bit more DNS traffic.

Is there a downside we haven't considered?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408