Re: [exim] Maildir, mysql database, and creating home dirs

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Maildir, mysql database, and creating home dirs
Derrick MacPherson wrote:

*SNIP*

> No it's getting the write ID's, it's just creating a home directory; I
> didn't think it could create a Maildir directory unless create_directory
> was turned on, let alone create the users home directory as well. My
> understanding was that mail delivery should fail since there is not a
> home directory for the new user. So if create_directory is not on, and
> there is no home directory, I don't see whats telling it to create it.

As stated - the default 'Unix' behaviour.

The 'clue' is the sort of dir's being created, and where.

(presuming, of course, that your MySQL code would have put them elsewhere).

Whether traffic is rejected or not depends on *many* things, starting
with whether
you require recipient verification (Exim queries the routers), use an
SQL test, both, or neither.

- And if traffic is *not* rejected, Exim will create the storage from
either your SQL code or the Unix default.

Bill