Re: [exim] Can Exim route mail based on sender's address?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can Exim route mail based on sender's address?
Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 19:04:56 -0000
> "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> wrote:
>
>> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@???> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>> Is it possible to route mail based on sender's address? I'd like to
>>> have this feature because I'm using different ISPs.
>>
>> Yes.
>>

> Sounds good.
>
> Could you possbly point me to a parameter's name so that I could read
> more about it.

You haven't really gone into much detail about what you want to do, but I'm
guessing that you have 2 ISP accounts me@??? and me@???,
you have configured 2 identities in your MUA, and you want your Exim server
to send mail from your provider1.net address via provider1's relays, and
mail from your provider2.net address via provider2.

You could do this with 2 manualroute routers, something like:

provider1_router:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
domains = !+local_domains
senders = me@???
route_data = relay.provider1.net

provider2_router:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
domains = !+local_domains
senders = me@???
route_data = relay.provider2.net

There are fancier ways to code this - depends whether you like to use or
avoid string expansions - but in your simple case, this sort of thing should
do.

Peter