Re: [exim] Filtering incoming mail.

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Filtering incoming mail.
On Fri, January 6, 2006 12:11 pm, Tony Finch said:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Tim Jackson wrote:
>> userlist_domains:
>>   driver = redirect
>>   allow_fail
>>   domains = example.com : example.net
>>   data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/userlists/$domain}\
>>                  {$local_part@$domain}\
>>                  {:fail:Unknown user}}
> Nooo! Gratuitous string expansion!
> Just add a local_parts precondition to the router which handles the local
> domain.

I thought you might pipe up :)

(to the OP: what Tony is saying is find the router that actually routes to
your end server, which might look something like this:

manualroute_domains:
driver = manualroute
domains = [domains that you are passing to Domino]
route_data = [your domino server]

and then add something like this to it (Tony will probably complain about
this too ;-)

local_parts = /etc/exim/userlists/$domain

)

Anyway, the above is OK but Tony: I think you're assuming that there is a
single router that has the same "domains" precondition as the
userlist_domains router. At least for me, that's not the case. It may be
in simple cases, but in other cases (like mine) you may need to have a way
of generically rejecting bad recipients for domains that do, optionally,
have a userlist, without knowing what end router is ultimately going to
route that domain.

That said, I'm open to ideas to improve the generic form :)

Tim