[exim] Re: mandate ehlo before mail while sending out email

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: mandate ehlo before mail while sending out email
Gilbert W <gilbert.debian@???> wrote:
> 1 of my client sent an email to hallmarklabels.com but he didn't succeed.

> Here's what the log said:
> 2006-01-05 17:49:32 1EuRhL-0005l7-SW ** <sender@???>R=dnslookup
> T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<
> recipient@???>: host uk2mxarray4.uk2.net [83.170.64.217]:
> 550-EHLO/HEL0 argument (localhost) must be a syntactically-valid\n550
> fully-qualified domain name or address literal

> Therefore, i have 2 questions
> 1) does EXIM by default use EHLO/HELO before MAIL command when sending out
> mails ?

[...]

yes, it does. However on your system exim said
EHLO localhost
and remote side did not like it.

You'll need to configure the system in awa that it does not think to
have a FQDN of "localhost". Check /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts
           cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute