Re: [exim] Maildir, mysql database, and creating home dirs

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Derrick MacPherson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Bill Hacker
Kopio: exim
Aihe: Re: [exim] Maildir, mysql database, and creating home dirs
Bill Hacker wrote:
> Derrick MacPherson wrote:
>
>> Our exim config does not contain the create_directory for the
>> appendfile driver yet I'm seeing in the debug out:
>>
>> ensuring maildir directories exist in /home/dlm/Maildir/
>> created directory /home/dlm/Maildir/
>> created directory /home/dlm/Maildir//tmp
>> created directory /home/dlm/Maildir//new
>> created directory /home/dlm/Maildir//cur
>>

>> 2 questions, how is this being created?
>

> Exim is (among other things) a largely 'drop-in' replacement for sendmail.
>
> Ergo, unless you specifically furnish directions as to what sort of
> storage, location,
> UID:GID & perms you wish it to have (which may be DB-derived, as
> illustrated by another answer)
> it will set up a legacy 'Unix' mail structure. Not just for the
> 'general' case, but for any case where it has no other options specified.
>
> Whether that is in /home or /var depends on your OS and its configuration.
>
> > It's being created with 700
>
>> perms on the home dir, so the first mail gets delivered, but any mail
>> after fails.
>

> UID:GID mismatch?

No it's getting the write ID's, it's just creating a home directory; I
didn't think it could create a Maildir directory unless create_directory
was turned on, let alone create the users home directory as well. My
understanding was that mail delivery should fail since there is not a
home directory for the new user. So if create_directory is not on, and
there is no home directory, I don't see whats telling it to create it.

The mysql syntax on this setup was not done as I would have liked to
have done it, it wasn't configured by me but it's left for me to fix.
Please email me and I'll send the config or at least let me know what
sections you want to see.