Re: [exim-dev] content scan results cache

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] content scan results cache
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>> Maybe this wants to be a couple of functions - get a message body
>> signature (used as a key - maybe the size & checksum), and the
>> ability to store/retrieve data, ideally with a lifetime, which
>> could be used in ACLs
>
> I think it would be more friendly to non-programmers if this was
> built-in rather than something they had to implement themselves.

What do you mean with "implement"?

I think an additional ACL modifier "cache" should do the trick. Like:

deny  message = virus found
      cache   = 4h
      malware = *

I don't know how well this fits into exim this way, though. And it may
be a good idea to specify a maximum *size* of the cache too.

lg,
daniel