Re: [exim-dev] message_logs = false does not work

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] message_logs = false does not work
On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:21:51AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> No. As the comment says, this is not a message log, though it gets put
> into the message log directory. This is a file for the transport to
> write its output onto. By setting one of the relevant flags, you have
> asked Exim to catch this output and either return it or log it.

It turned out that I was wrong on the source of the message logs.
They were not generated by the pipe transport, which has no output
options set, btw.

There must have been some older processes running which still generated
message logs, as they ran with the old configuration. I don't know why
Exim did not remove them, because the code does not stop removing the
logs if message_logs is not set.

Half an hour later, Exim did not generate any new message logs, so
everything is fine apart from the small problem I had during the
transition.

Michael