Re: pdf with change indicators? Re: [exim-dev] Creating XML

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Lutz Pressler
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: pdf with change indicators? Re: [exim-dev] Creating XML
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Lutz Pressler wrote:

> It's probably a DocBook XML limitation, but do you see a way to have
> change indicators not only in the HTML but also other versions like PDF?

It is not a DocBook XML limitation. The XML can be created with

revisionflag="changed"

on the appropriate elements, and indeed that is what already happens.
Unfortunately, at present, the only XML processor that recognizes this
attribute is the one that generates HTML. We just have to hope that in
future the processors that generate the other formats take note of this
attribute.

This is, however, something that irks me. If I ever get time, I may
investigate whether the XSL stylesheets can be made to generate
something useful.