Re: [exim] Compiling Exim with mysql

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Compiling Exim with mysql
On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 12:56 +0000, Jonathan Chong wrote:
> I've managed to compile exim with mysql - but it's not delivering
> emails to the recipients.
>
> It's sending emails out, but when I try to send an email in nothing
> appears in the logs.

...and what happens to the messages? Do they get bounced after a time
(say four days)?
Do you have anything in a panic log (usually in /var/log/exim/panic.log
or similar) telling you your configuration is broken?
Does your server have a firewall rule denying access to port 25?

If you're getting nothing in the logs then it sounds to me like either
Exim isn't running as a listening daemon - in which case
check /etc/sysconfig/exim and make sure it contains "DAEMON=yes" (for a
RedHat variant, no idea about other distros); alternatively ensure your
startup script has the "-bd" option when it runs Exim.

Check your process list - you should see something like "exim -bd -q5m".

Graeme