Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host…

Autor: Bill
A: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host smtp05.host.com (during SMTP connection from NULL)
Thanks for the advice. I'm usually reluctant to use IP's because
that's what DNS is for. It's a bit of a pain to have to go back and
fix a bunch of things when somebody decides to change an IP address.
Is it better to use IP's in this list; is there something I'm missing
here?

I appreciate the input. I'll test the IP thing anyway and see what happens.

Yet, I am curious; why would I get those error messages in the logs
with the "NULL" field? What is happening when such an entry is
generated in the log, especially with values ranging from NULL to any
IP/hostname?

Thanks,
Bill