Re: [exim] Accept all mail for examination

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Accept all mail for examination
> How can I tell exim to accept all mail? I would be happy to have it dumped into
> any file in /var/mail/.

Since you're using Debian, and Debian has an optional, rather intricate
split-file configuration, it might be a good idea to direct your
question to the Debian-specific Exim mailing list; see
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-exim4-users (there
may be others as well). I myself run Debian but use a more "normal"
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf to configure Exim.

This amounts to 1) changing the acl_smtp_rcpt acl (by default called
acl_check_rcpt) to accept everything from the particular host and 2)
adding a router that catches everything not handled by any other router,
or, alternatively, everything at all.

(1) can be accomplished with the following near the top of acl_check_rcpt:

accept hosts = 11.22.33.44

(2) can be accomplished with the following somewhere in the routers
section, depending on whether you want to catch everything or just the
rest, or something inbetween (the routers are tried in order until one
accepts):

catch_all:
driver = redirect
data = /var/mail/catchall
transport = address_file

All mail will then end up in /var/mail/catchall.
NB: This is just for testing. It's not very pretty. You should read some
of the documentation to get the general idea of how Exim works.

--
Magnus Holmgren