[exim] Re: [exim-dev] EXIM4-daemon-heavy with MySQL = error

Autor: 'Exim-users'
A: Andreas Sokov, 'Exim-users'
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim] Re: [exim-dev] EXIM4-daemon-heavy with MySQL = error
Andreas Sokov wrote:

> Hi, exim-dev.

exim-dev is for development discussiones, not user questions. I set
reply-to exim-users.

> i use LINUX DEBIAN

> MYSQL query: SELECT id FROM COURIER_PWD WHERE id=CONCAT('andreas', '@', 'j8.com.ru')
> MYSQL: query failed: Illegal mix of collations (cp1251_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

The error message says it all: You use two different collations in your
WHERE condition.
latin1_swedish_ci is the mysql's default collation (IIRC), which can be
changed in my.cnf.
cp1251_general_ci could be the collation of your table.
Change one of these.

There is a bunch of information about this in the mysql docs, e.g.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-defaults.html and following.