Re: [exim] Re: web archive obfuscating mail addresses in mes…

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message bodies

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:

> And with only very moderate obfuscation here:
>
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.exim.user

My point was that Ian's address, the one he's so anxious to protect from
web publication, already appears en clair in the message I linked above
(thanks to another poster's un-trimmed top posting). Gmane.org doesn't
do that, but it only takes one such archive to prove that archive
obfuscation as a tool for spam reduction is a fool's errand.

- Marc