Re: [exim] Spam with multiple recipients

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
CC: Clive McDowell
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Spam with multiple recipients
Clive McDowell wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've just seen an example of commercial spam with hundreds of recipients. It didn't attract a very high score on spamassassin so
> it found its way into a lot of inboxes. Has anyone come up with a way of dealing with such messages? I'm thinking along the
> lines of checking the $recipient_count variable on messages incoming to our organisation and adding a delay to the connection if
> it's above a certain value. Is this feasable/desirable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clive McDowell

Clive (and others),
please don't hijack threads by using the reply function of your mail
program when you're in fact not replying. This will break threading and
cause your important question to be buried deep down some long-forgotten
or much-ignored thread, where it may well be missed by those with the
most knowledge and the least time.

See
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/MailingListEtiquette#head-3eecd2d24196805f2f08fedc828108dd89aa37cb

Instead, start a new thread by using the "New mail" function and
entering exim-users@??? as recipient. This applies to all mailing
lists. Some MUA's (at least KMail) have separate functions for "Reply to
list" and "Post to list" in addition to the common "Reply to author" and
"Reply to all".

--
Magnus Holmgren