[exim] Problem with RBLs, whitelists and HELO

Autor: Alvaro Marin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Problem with RBLs, whitelists and HELO

Hello,

I've configured Exim to work with RBLs and whitelists using this
tutorial: http://www.webhostgear.com/175.html

RBLs checks work fine, a lot of spammers are rejected :) but if I want
to "whitelist" an IP I've problems...

I'm using exim-4.52, and this is the config (related to RBLs):

[...]
 domainlist rbl_blacklist = lsearch;/etc/rblblacklist
domainlist rbl_bypass = lsearch;/etc/rblbypass
hostlist rbl_whitelist = lsearch;/etc/relayhosts :
partial-lsearch;/etc/rblwhitelist
[...]
accept  hosts = :
        accept domains = +local_domains
        local_parts = postmaster:abuse
        deny message = Message rejected because $sender_fullhost \
        is blacklisted at $dnslist_domain see $dnslist_text
        dnslists = list.dsbl.org : relays.ordb.org
        !domains = +rbl_bypass
        !hosts = +rbl_whitelist
        !hosts = +relay_hosts
        !authenticated = *
[...]

Ok, when I've to whitelist a host, I add to /etc/rblwhitelist the
hostname and the IP of the remote machine and this is what happens...

2005-12-21 18:53:23 1Ep89T-0007qB-GQ <= userfrom@???
H=XXX.red-XXX-XXX-64.user.auna.net (alvaro) [64.XXX.XXX.XXX] P=esmtp
S=10171 id=00a401c60657$57fbd0c0$a900a8c0@alvaro

2005-12-21 19:07:08 H=(PORTATIL) [64.XXX.XXX.XXX]
F=<userfrom@???> rejected RCPT <userto@???>: Message
rejected because (PORTATIL) [64.XXX.XXX.XXX] is blacklisted at
list.dsbl.org see http://dsbl.org/listing?64.XXX.XXX.XXX

2005-12-21 19:07:24 1Ep8N2-0003MW-Jr <= user@???
H=XXX.red-XX-XX-64.user.auna.net (PORTATIL) [64.XXX.XXX.XXX] P=esmtp
S=296           c60659$4c863e40$6a00a8c0@PORTATIL

It seems like when HELO command doesn't include the hostname
(second case), exim doesn't watch the whitelist file. In the first and
third cases, the HELO command has the correct hostname and the whitelist
file seems that is read.

Any reason for this? Any idea to whitelist by IP without check HELO?

Thx a lot in advance.

Regards,
Alvaro.