Re: [exim] callout db quite large?

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: B. Cook
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] callout db quite large?
> sender callouts and recipient callouts are configured and working as they
> should. [...] My question is.. should the callout db be so big?
>
>  78M    /var/spool/exim/db/callout

You can check the contents of this file:

exim_dumpdb `exim -bP spool_directory | awk '{print $NF}'` callout

This should give you enough information if there is wrong content, expiry
does not work or everything is fine.

On my server the callout db is much smaller:

$ ls -lh callout
-rw-r----- 1 exim exim 9.5M Dec 19 17:00 callout

and contains nearly 90000 entries which seems correct using recipient
callout for our campus only.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin