Re: [exim-dev] Docs for 4.60 - looking great

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Docs for 4.60 - looking great
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Tim Jackson wrote:

> Just been using the 4.60 docs and I have to say that whatever hoops
> Philip has had to jump through (or is perhaps still jumping through, by
> the sounds of it) to get an acceptably-working toolchain, the end
> result is great. Browsing the PDF version is so much nicer with all the
> embedded internal links, chapter information etc. I know that wasn't
> the primary goal, but it's a good result all the same.
>
> Thanks for the hard work Philip! Whatever tool is settled on in the
> end, if the PDF continues looking like that then it will make all us
> who use that version happy.

Oh good! I am very pleased to hear that one version of the docs has
improved. (I believe also that the info version should no longer suffer
from some of the past problems.)

What you see in the PDF version has got there entirely by accident. I
will try to make sure it stays that way. (Current problem is that my
workstation's software has been upgraded, and now it doesn't seem to be
working. And, as you say, I'm still jumping through hoops, or rather,
I'm trying to lower one of the hoops to make it easier.)