Re: [exim] Exchange move

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Cliff Pratt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exchange move
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:18:45PM +1300, Cliff Pratt wrote:
> On 12/16/05, xyon <xyon@???> wrote:
> > I agree with your feelings. Why should we 'settle'? That's exactly the
> > mentality that will spell certain doom later on. Why should I 'settle' for
> > an OS that must be rebooted multiple times a day? I don't, and hence I
> > have large uptimes on even my workstations because of Linux.. why should a
> > production mail suite be any different? There are solutions out there,
> > they just need to be found. :)
>
> box once a month or so, but those days are long gone. I really don't know
> what people do to their Windows boxes if they have to reboot them "multiple
> times a day".

They patch them. *

At least, from observing others, that seems to be standard
practice (and it generally requires a reboot). Personally, I patch
all the Linux systems each morning if there are things that need
updating, during work time. No-one notices.

Matthew

* Admittedly not "multiple times a day", though.

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom