[exim-dev] Re: doc-docbook

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim-dev] Re: doc-docbook
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> Now that the new documentation has been released, can we consider it open
> season for committers?

No, please not yet, because I am almost at the point of having my
replacement for AsciiDoc available, and I'm hoping people will endorse
my view of using it instead of AsciiDoc. Nigel was trying to build the
docs, and found that the next release of AsciiDoc gave him trouble; I
suspect this may be a continuing problem if we stick with it.

Unfortunately, because I'm doing so many other things, it's going to be
a while before I get there. The good news is that, though AsciiDoc takes
65 seconds on my workstation to process the Exim manual, my replacement
takes only 0.14 seconds.

I am going to be working on PCRE for most of January. I hope the test
suite conversion will end early in Feb. Then I hope the documentation
refactoring can be completed. I'm only doing very minimal things to the
code in the meantime.

Philip