[exim] Setting helo_data correctly for multi-homed hosts

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Florian Weimer
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Setting helo_data correctly for multi-homed hosts
I'm trying to work-around the A/AAAA bug, which means that I must add
separate MX entries for the v4 and v6 interface. As a result, I
cannot use the same EHLO argument for messages sent over IPv6 (I used
to use "mail.enyo.de", which works fine as long as the domain has both
A and AAAA records).

It seems that there isn't an easy way to get the interface IP address
in Exim. Someone even resorted to a Perl hack to get this
information:

<http://blog.blackdown.de/2005/02/26/exim-4-and-dynamic-ip-addresses/>

I could assign seperate IPv4/IPv6 addresses for outgoing email and add
the same domain name for both of them to DNS, but I really would like
to avoid this.