Re: [exim] Exim not delivering email to mailbox

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
CC: Jonathan Chong
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not delivering email to mailbox
Jonathan Chong skrev:
> I've just recently installed Exim and Courier-IMAP on my dedicated
> server. I can send out emails using PHP's mail() function fine, and
> they reach an external mailbox all right.
>
> However, when I try to send emails to the dedicated server's domain, I
> can't seem to retrieve them from anywhere.
>
> I have a user setup with Maildir - for example joe.bloggs@???
> - and when I use Thunderbird to access that IMAP account I can see the
> relevant folders but no email comes into the Inbox.
>
> Is this a problem with Exim or Courier-IMAP?

Neither and both. Exim by default delivers mail into mbox files in
/var/spool/mail or /var/mail but Courier-IMAP *probably* looks for mail
in a subdirectory of the user's home directory - ~/Maildir or ~/Mail or
~/mail, I don't know. You need to change the configurations to match.

You need to change the local_delivery transport like this:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
directory = ${home}/Maildir (or wherever Courier-IMAP looks)
maildir_format
check_string =
message_prefix =
message_suffix =

Additional options can of course be used and are optional.

--
Magnus Holmgren