[exim] non existent localparts versus deactivated localparts…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chad Leigh
Para: exim users
Assunto: [exim] non existent localparts versus deactivated localparts (from ldap)
Hi

I have a custom ldap schema I use to drive the virtual users in our
system.  One of the fields is an AccountActive field.    If the
recipient is not in the ldap database of course it should be rejected
as a non-existent user.  But if the active flag is off I also want to
reject the mail.

Right now I have a redirect router that does an ldap lookup of that
flag and compares it to Y or N.  If not Y it rejects it with a fail
and a data = :fail: message.  The "problem" is that non-existent
users also get flagged in the log as deactivated.    What would be
the best way to make this test and log appropriately.  I am not sure
if I want the reject message back to the user to be the same or
different but I would like to log the rejects differently.

Thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC