著者: Adam Funk
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Blocking dynamic IPs
On Thursday 15 December 2005 09:11, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Another little question about dynamic IPs...
>
> We do now use SORBS to block unauthorized query from dynamic IPs.
>
> We want now to give the user a little message to explain **WHY** we
> refused this E-Mail.
> I sayd some weeks ago an RFC that says that an SMTP-Server **MUST**
> have static IP.
> I forgot this RFC. Could someone say me which RFC say that?

There is no such RFC. "MUST have static IP" is your personal policy only
and is not supported by any standard.

In fact, according to some interpretations of RFCs 2821 and 2142, you must
accept e-mail to postmaster and abuse from any IP unless you have a
specific reason for rejecting that IP (e.g. it has been abusing your
system).