Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> Bounce to the authenticated user. If they didn't get that far, you've
> already rejected the connection.

I know for a fact that Tony is using submission mode with return-path
fix-ups, since he was the one who submitted that patch. So if
verify=sender is going to fail, then the bounce would have been
undeliverable, too.

I suppose that can happen if you've got accounts still active in the
authentication database, but inactive/undeliverable in the mail-store.

I wonder if "verify = sender=$authenticated_id" could be used in the
AUTH ACL to catch that condition before the MUA tries to submit any mail?

- Marc