Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?
On 12/14/05 2:36 AM, "Tony Finch" <dot@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>>
>> The verify = sender condition is at the moment in the MAIL acl, but this
>> does not play too nice with pine, have to see if it's better to deny
>> later (in RCPT).
>
> Hah, I'm thinking of making the opposite change :-) but I need to spend
> some quality time with various MUAs to find out which choice of ACL causes
> them to produce the best error messages.

Well, "pretty short" is one requirement, since some MUAs show only the first
line and others show only the last line of multiline errors. (And others
show a little icon which "nobody" notices.) Given pine's truncation to just
the last word (thanks, Guiliano), you're even more restricted if you have
pine users.

Your users will probably object if all error messages are the one word
"bozo". ;-)

Best to bounce to your users, leaving SMTP time rejection to the world's
machines.

--John