Re: [exim] Question about Alias File Format

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: terry.shows
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Question about Alias File Format
Terry Shows wrote:

> In my system alias file (declared by system_aliases in configuration
> file),
> is there a simple way to simply reject an email address, even though it is
> a valid email address on the server?

you are looking for ":fail:".

> I REALLY would rather create a list of email addresses to only accept
> email from the server itself, but none from outside hosts. Has anyone
> done this yet? I know I should be able to do this with a simple router,
> but am not "that" good at creating routers yet.

You could use a redirect router with "data = :fail: for some reason", but
I'd rather use the ACLs for such things:

acl_check_rcpt:

 deny
    domains = +local_domains
    local_parts = CFGDIR/local_only
    ! hosts = :
    message = No external mail to these recipients

With CFGDIR/local_only containing the restricted accounts.