Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>>
>> The verify = sender condition is at the moment in the MAIL acl, but this
>> does not play too nice with pine, have to see if it's better to deny
>> later (in RCPT).
>
> Hah, I'm thinking of making the opposite change :-) but I need to spend
> some quality time with various MUAs to find out which choice of ACL causes
> them to produce the best error messages.

I think you might be right, I just tested rejecting at RCPT and pine gives
a really useless response. It truncates the whole message but the last
word. At least with MAIL rejection it says something like "sender not
set". I will too do some tests but first must install this on the
production server... (my prudence in dealing with anything that has to do
with aliases comes from a previous experience with sendmail, I had for a
few hours all my developer emails forwarded to a list of 50 addresses at
cus! that was back in 2002))