Re: [exim] Exchange move

Autor: John Hall
A: Clive McDowell
CC: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exchange move
On 13/12/05, Clive McDowell <c.mcdowell@???> wrote:

> Out of interest, we currently use spamassassin to tag incoming
> messages with a spam score. Users can then set up exim filters on
> their unix based imap mailbox to decide what level to accept/reject
> messages as spam. They can also set up their own blacklists and
> whitelists. This is all done via a web-based front end to make it
> easy. If we were to switch to an exchange based server is there an
> equivalent to the exim filter that would allow individual users to do
> the same thing? i.e. the filtering done at the message store rather
> than the client.

Clive,

If users create rules in Outlook, they are generally stored and run on
the server. The only rules that do not are those that do things like
save messages to local PST files, i.e. access local resources not
available to the server. Exchange, however, sorts all this out and lets
you know which rules can run on the server and which must run on the
client.

The rules themselves are not as sophisticated as having an Exim filter
available, but will do most things that users require - certainly
filtering tagged spam is possible.

Cheers,
John