Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, John Jetmore wrote:

> Basic/0218 PIPELINING (client: multiple messages, with
> log_sender_on_delivery)
> ===============
> Lines 131-133 of "test-stderr-munged" do not match lines 131-133 of
> "stderr/0218
> ".
> ----------
> Exim version x.yz ....
> LOG: MAIN
> Completed
> ----------
> LOG: MAIN
> Completed
> Exim version x.yz ....
>
> Out of order logging?

Please can you try patching line 1752 in the transport.c module,
changing millisleep(500) to sleep(1). This is a race condition of
different processes; in the test harness there are supposed to be delays
so that things work out, but in this situation, one of them isn't long
enough in your environment, it seems. If it doesn't fix it, I'll have to
think again.